MULTIWIRES INDUCTION SYSTEM FOR HEATING TREATMENT
ATE has recently developed two induction heating systems for treating wires in parallel, with the names IMW (independent control wire) and CMW (common control wire).
Through the use of the most advanced technologies in the field of power electronics, these systems represent a sophisticated and efficient solution for the simultaneous heating of multiple wires with the same or even with different diameters.
The main characteristics of the two systems are:
- for the IMW system the possibility of heating multiple wires of different diameter separately, wire by wire, with the same or different temperatures and speeds (upon request)
- for the CMW system the possibility of heating wires of the same diameter to the same temperature or wires of slightly different diameter to almost the same temperature, taking account of a suitable “Velocity x Diameter” relation (DV).
Compared to other types of furnaces, such as resistance, gas, fluid bed or lead bath heaters, the IMW and CMW multi-wire induction heating systems have the following advantages:
- no environmental pollution
- more compact
- higher efficiency
- closed loop process control (optional)
Besides wires, the aforesaid systems are also able to treat metal strips or bands. In these cases the systems are identified with the codes IMS or CMS, instead of IMW or CMW.
In addition to ferrous materials, the systems can also heat aluminium, copper, brass, etc. with efficiency values proportional to the type of material.
The compactness of the heating unit allows them to be installed easily in limited spaced and, above all, in existing lines in which overall dimensions are binding. The frequency converter, the heat exchanger and the control panel which complete the system can be positioned remotely in available spaces, even at a certain distance from the heating unit.
The IMW and CMW multi-wire induction heating systems can be used in various industrial processes, some of which are listed below:
- annealing (max temperature of around 720°c)
- stress relieving (max temperature of around 400°c)
- diffusion/brass coating of wires for steel cord (max temperature 550-600°c)
- preheating for galvanizing (around 500°c)
- preheating for painting or coating (max 200-250°c)
- preheating before of an existing gas furnaces in the case of increased productivity of the system
The IMW/IMS and CMW/CMS systems are completely modular and can heat a variable number of wires.
The configuration can be defined according to the Customers needs.
Given the flexibility of the system, any unit can be custom-designed to meet the application requirements.