HICON/H2® bell annealers for steel wire coils, bunch coils or spools
Heat treatment furnace facilities for the steel industry
HICON/H2® bell annealer technology distinguishes itself in quality and offers cost advantages in heat treating hot-rolled and drawn bunch wire coils.
It provides the most cost-effective process for soft annealing, recrystallizing and spheroidizing various steel wire grades, compared with the other heat treatment facilities currently available, since very different grades can be annealed in a single charge.
In any case the materials must meet the high speeds and high degree of automation demanded by processing machines. This means that the highest uniformity of mechanical properties and surface finish conditions must be achieved over the entire wire length.
Continuous development ensures market leadership.
The metallically-tight workload space allows safe use of process gases such as hydrogen. Other process atmospheres such as nitrogen, argon and mixed gases can be used, depending on the material being processed. Nitrogen is used for hot-rolled, unpickled cold heading grades to prevent decarburization.
Reproducible high quality by virtue of precise temperature control without overheating, resulting in:
- uniform microstructure and mechanical values, improved ductility (e.g. cold-heading grades, ball bearing steels etc.) and
- nearly 100 % carbide spheroidization
The metallically encapsulated workbase, achieves extremely low dew points and:
- an oxide-free, clean wire surface
- freedom from decarburization
The facility can be implemented to comply with the standards required by the automotive industry in accordance with CQI-9 (AIAG).
- Cold-drawn wire or hot-rolled rod:
- construction steels
- chain steels, spring steels
- non-alloyed and low-alloyed grades cold-work tool steel (ball bearing steels, etc.)
- low and high-alloy hot-work tool steel and high-speed steels (HSS)
- high-alloy stainless Cr steels
Wire whose cross-section is not round (flat wire) can also be annealed.