The enterprise was established in 1874 as limited partnership “Rhein & Co.” – Steel Foundry, Zawodzie. It was founded by machine building company of the same name seated in Berlin. At the beginning, the company consisted of forging shop only, in which mine railway carriages, axis for mine railway carriages, as well as tools and machines for agriculture were produced.
In 1890 “Rhein & Co.” merged with “Jakub” Steelworks. The new enterprise was called “FERRUM” and operated as public limited company. In 1900 “FERRUM” implemented less labour intensive production technology for pipes delivering water to turbines which was based on water gas welding. Pipes made according to the above-mentioned technology were characterised by higher strength and their manufacturing was less labour absorbing. Thus we became a well-known company executing orders for investors in many countries (e.g. we manufactured the first turbine pipeline in Peru in 1902).
After World War II FERRUM was nationalised and included in metallurgical department of national economy. At the turn of 60. and 70. FERRUM was under modernisation process in which line of longitudinally welded steel pipes was upgraded. We became specialists in manufacturing of welded pipes, pressure vessels and different types of welded structures.